Tuesday, April 8, 2008

To My Hetero Life Partner Emmy

This entry...and maybe all entries from here on out, is in honor of Emmy and our new obsession, the food blog. Knowing that I have a bit of, ahem, downtime during my workday, Emmy sent me links two food blogs she has been reading over the past few weeks. They have alerted her to the shame spiral that is what a busy lady's eating can become, and inspired her meal plan to ensure that we aren't eating take out 3 nights a week. Although not immediately impressed by the bloggers, perhaps due to the precedence set by my friend Cherie. Here I am, not even a week later, completely absorbed into the world of food blogs. Checking up on what they are eating, posting, and linking. Its fascinating, really.


I'm not going to call this a food blog - I'd rather think of it as suggestions, reviews, etc...we'll see what comes of it.

Last night we made chickpea tacos (from Happy Herbivore, although Vegan in Vancouver sounded just as good to me, and doesn't require packaged taco seasoning) dressed with arugala, salsa and avocado. The tacos were accompanied by roast asparagus and a huge salad. The chickpeas make an amazing taco - baked, they have a great texture and were just spicy enough.

Tonight I am trying out the vegan lasagna from Cherie's blog (I really appreciate that it does not require the use of fake cheese) and might make up some carrot cupcakes from this book I adore: Vegan Cupcakes Take Over the World

Maybe if I'm feeling ambitious I"ll post some pictures, or let you know if I decide to go for a run.

No comments: