Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Pho Love

I have an intense love for veggie Pho. More specifically, I love the veggie Pho at Pho Tran. Its filled with perfectly steamed broccoli, carrots and cabbage alongside the usual mushrooms and tofu. The flavors of cilantro, cinnamon and ginger seep through the broth, making it delicious on its own, without the addition of extra sauces (although I almost always add them anyway)

I'm curious to and make this soup at home - as its always been a challenge to find a delicious and broth based vegetarian soup that seems perfect for getting over a cold. This recipe looks like it could help to make my attempt a success. At the same time, it may be a challenge to make in small enough batches for home consumption and $4.98 is such a bargain for all those rice noodles, veggies and tofu.

No comments: